University Suckers

Monday, January 08, 2007

Wowzers

-My first day of classes for the semester started today. I am in disbelief at how blantantly foolish two of my professors are.
  1. My first class of the day is "Modern European History" and my professor had the cajones to say that "There is nothing objective about history, everything is open for interpretation." While I was in class I began to wonder if 9/11 really happened; I finally wound up concluding that 9/11 didn't occur because I interpreted it that way.
  2. This next instance should be more shocking than my previous experience. At 2:00 I started an "Introduction To Formal Logic", where the professor was, to say the least, far from logical. He went on to spout something like "Logic has no real function in reality, etc." I wonder if he thinks the same thing when he goes home to type up his John Dewey (get it?) analysis on pragmatism using his computer which - **shockingly** - uses logic gates to function. He probably didn't.
-What my schedule holds for me tomorrow: Existentialism (oh yay!), American History and Ancient/Medieval History. I know for a fact that existentialism will be the worst class of all, I just hope that my American History professor is good because it's the one class (now that logic is clearly out of the picture) that really captivated my interest from the get-go.

6 Comments:

  • Since we have concluded logic is worthless we can then say it is true that I am a Kangaroo. Or we could use his understanding of logic to pretend we are women and get congress to force everyone to play pretend with us.

    By Blogger Phoroneus, at 11:37 PM  

  • I say we do it. I still can't believe I'm paying these people money.

    By Blogger Anon., at 11:43 PM  

  • I see Ayn Rand's material is on your reading list. That must make for an interesting dissonance with the goofball non-logical perfesser.

    By Blogger mkfreeberg, at 2:22 PM  

  • Grant,

    I think my American history professor is going to be alright.

    By Blogger Anon., at 3:54 PM  

  • Mk,

    Yes it will be. I honestly cannot wait to see the semester unfold. I need some good comic relief in my life anyways. By the way, just so you know, I enjoy your blog. Thanks.

    By Blogger Anon., at 3:56 PM  

  • I enjoy The Dougout too, Grant. :-)

    By Blogger Anon., at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home