University Suckers

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Zombietime Is Real Time

-My friend David introduced me to this new wesbite that you can now find on my sidebar called Zombietime. It's about this former liberal who now attends all sorts of rallies/protests that he used to take seriously and now takes tons of pictures of their foolishness and absolute retardation. From an interview on a blog about it:
"The whole thing started on February 16, 2003. I had just bought my first digital camera the day before, and I had not yet used it. Coincidentally, I had intended to go to an anti-war rally that Saturday, and I thought to myself -- hey, why not bring the camera and test it out?

It seems a little hard to imagine in retrospect, but I was attending this anti-war rally in all sincerity, sympathizing with its goals. At least so I thought. I had been "left-wing" (for lack of a better term) all my life and had been to many protests of various sorts over the years. I was sort of going to this one out of habit. The Iraq War had not yet started -- the goal of the protest was to prevent it.

Yet somewhere in the back of my mind I was feeling ambivalent. The events of 9/11 had kindled new political feelings in me, but they still weren't completely formed, even over a year later. I was going for the purpose of protesting the war, but was that really how I felt? I was confused."

-The pictures and the funny commentary offered on the website are very informative and entertaining. I'll provide a few:


"Terrorist sympathizer at the April 10, 2004 rally."

"Young child holding a sign accusing Jews of stealing organs from dead Palestinians, at the Bus 19 anti-terror rally in Berkeley on January 16, 2005. "

"Cindy Sheehan and the leader of the Revolutionary Communist Party at the "World Can't Wait" rally on November 2, 2005."

-The pictures I provided are tame considering some of the others (i.e old naked hippies practicing "...scrotal inflation at the Anarchist Bookfair on March 26, 2005"...it's no joke). I like to keep the blog at least semi clean.

-For the record, I searched the entire Zombietime website for contact information on asking him if I could reproduce these pictures; no such information was provided, so I assume it's alright considering I'm giving him more traffic. If it isn't O.K. with "zombie" consider these photos take down as soon as I hear it from him.

3 Comments:

  • This is zombie. For real!

    No problem reprinting the pictures. Fine by me. People do it all the time.

    Nice post!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 PM  

  • Ok good.

    By Blogger Anon., at 3:00 PM  

  • For the record, I commend Zombie for having such thorough content on the zombietime site, but I question the passive aggressive loaded article on the Lafayette memorial piece: I'm specifically thinking about the whole analysis of the "grammar" usage of the sign. The soldiers were killed in Iraq. That's what happened. They were killed as a result of being in Iraq. If you want to assign or associate a judgement to that fact (like "for their country" or "in the line of duty"), go ahead, but readers (like myself) will respect you more if you come out and say exactly what you mean. I walked away from reading that article with the sense that you dislike it because it doesn't fall in line with your political views. If you'd prefer that the sign and creator specifically call out notion of sacrifice and duty, then maybe you should say it. Also provide some contact info, or are you concerned about engaging in a dialog with folks?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home