University Suckers

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Racism and America

-Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that it was perfectly legal to be racist in America?
"Black leaders challenged the entertainment industry, including rap artists, actors and major studios, to stop the use of the racial slur that triggered the scandal involving "Seinfeld" comic actor Michael Richards.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson, a civil rights leader, and others said Monday they will meet with TV networks, film companies and musicians to discuss banning the racial slur that is a derogatory term for blacks. They also sought an effort by the public to stop using the term."[source:http://tinyurl.com/vsne8]

-Apparently not.

-Cox and Forkum wrote some stuff about this issue on hand as well as another.

2 Comments:

  • Random fact:
    I think the word "niggardly", or a variation of thereof, was in the book of spelling words to practice I was given when I participated in the state spelling B in sixth grade - I believe the variation may be written in the story "The Haunted Horseman", but I could be wrong...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM  

  • Speaking of racism, you should read the really crappy column that ran today. It was about how white people have to take responsibility for racism because, of course, no minority could ever be racist.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home