University Suckers

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sifting Around The Web 4

-Although I am by no means a libertarian, I am sad to say that I have learned that Milton Friedman has passed away at age 94. Friedman was a Nobel Peace Prize winning economist who advocated free-market economics and deregulation.


-Free-market advocates, like Friedman, are needed more now than ever. R.I.P buddy.
...

-Some people will publish anything to press the urgence of global warming. Anything.
...

-Today I learned that the 2.5 million-dollar winner/genius of Jeopardy!, Ken Jennings, has his own blog. I also noticed that he came out with his own trivia book as well. I'll have to get my hands on it sometime.
...

-Here's some searing factoids I've recently learned about "The religion of peace":
  1. More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.[source:http://tinyurl.com/fhltu]
  2. More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.[source:http://tinyurl.com/zdg8p]
  3. Islamic terrorists murder more people every day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years.[source:http://tinyurl.com/yrr7n]
  4. 19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years.[source:http://tinyurl.com/frmtj]
-The link I provided at the top gives full detail about the evil acts that are committed in the name of allah everyday.

...

-I could literally spend hours watching and reading through the achives of The Middle East Media Research Institure TV Monitor Project, or otherwise known simply as "MEMRI". Now that I come to think of it, CNN had a showing with Glenn Beck last night called "Exposed: The Extremist Agenda". Even though I only saw the last half of the showing, it was enough for me. The level of Ahmedinijad's gall still amazes me. The president of Iran told Beck that he wanted peace of all people, etc. Footage from MEMRI was aired immediately after each of his statements/lies, and showed that he is full of shit. Even after this rare display of truthfulness, people will still not see the big picture.

...

I am also very anxious to report that a 34-year-old Ethiopian man was arrested at Detroit Metro Airport on Tuesday. The man was caught carrying $78,883 in cash. He was also found with a laptop containing questionable files about nuclear substances.

(HT: Little Green Footballs)

2 Comments:

  • thanks for the links on Islam

    By Blogger The Objectivist Club at UCI, at 12:41 AM  

  • Milton Freedman had some good ideas, although if I remember correctly, he was also the man who proposed the idea of compulsory taxation (I don't know how to say it, but I'm referring to the fact that the government takes the money out of your paycheque and then issues you a return) as a way of assuring that people pay their taxes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home