University Suckers

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Not All Hope Is Lost

-I have to admit that sometimes I'm embarassed to go to school here for some specific reasons. I thought this year would be different than the last...apparently not. From what I've heard, USF has the highest amount of research funding out of all of the universities in the United States. It's a shame they choose time and time again to squander it on "studies" to see if there is a "...correlation between users of online social networks and suicide deaths", rather than something useful, like cancer research.

But not all hope is lost.

Victoria Bekiempis, another member of the USF Objectivist Club, and who I've had the pleasure of meeting, has begun submitting article(s) to the Oracle. I have posted my prejudices about submitting articles to the Oracle before; but hopefully we'll see some improvement to the actual content being published now because of Victoria. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has caught onto the Oracle's slow descension into something as shapeless as The New York Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home