University Suckers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sifting Around The Web 8

I know that I haven't been on here in a great while, so I'll try to get all of this stuff out of the way...

Regarding the fast food realm, I've always thought that Burger King was far superior to its competitors, McDonalds and Wendy's, etc. Now, because of this, I am glad that I wasn't wrong in my choice to continually purchase from 'The King.'

"The Coalition of Immokalee Workers is organizing a statewide tour with rallies to get Burger King to agree to pay a penny more to farmworkers who harvest their tomatoes...Today, in the wake of the Yum! Brands and McDonald’s agreements, we stand on the threshold of a more modern, more humane agricultural industry in Florida,” Gerardo Reyes, a member of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers, wrote in an e-mail.

Yet, facing this historic opportunity, Burger King seems to have chosen business as usual over progress - continued exploitation over justice, Reyes wrote."

Hate to break the news to you Gerardo, but no one is being 'exploited' if they applied for the job and approached it freely, i.e. wasn't forced to serve Burger King; slavery and employment are not the same thing.

...


I'm also happy to report that in 2006, PETA killed a whooping 2,981 animals that were under its care, resulting in death for 97% of the animals PETA claims to have 'saved.'
...

I've started the daunting task of reading George Reisman's Capitalism. The book is massive in the physical sense as well as the digital one; it's over 1000 pages long and nearly 15 Megabytes in size! Dr. Reisman is offering it for free in .pdf format here.
...

I hate Keynesian economic thought more than well, pretty much anything else on Earth. The faulty premises lead to disaster in reality. When will it end?

1 Comments:

  • I agree bro. Keynes was horribly wrong. Holding prices constant and adjusting output is essentially no different than central planning! Yes, the man advanced economic thought, but at what price?

    - Adach

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home