University Suckers

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Who Are You Voting For?

-I have a facebook and other people who have facebook can create groups. These can range from groups with serious political interest to groups like "Dodge's Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots commercial is SO overplayed."*(literally). There is this one group that I've kept my eye on for the last week and it brings concern to me. The group is called "Barack Obama (One Million Strong for Barack)"* and it is growing astronomically. As of now it has 129,883 members; that number will not stay for long. Yesterday I saw it when it was roughly at 105,000. The reason that I'm writing about this is because facebook is mostly comprised of young college students, i.e. the future of America. One student said (I'm not sure if he's serious or not) "I'm pretty sure obama is a white sox fan so he's got my vote". Pssh.

-Let us not forget that Barack Obama is that man that said:
"I am absolutely determined that by the end of the first term of the next president, we should have universal health care in this country," Obama told a conference of Families USA, a health care advocacy group.[Source:http://tinyurl.com/22vs4d]

-How does he plan on making healthcare "universal"? By taking money away from someone to give to someone else? George Bernard Shaw once said that "A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul."; I can't think of a more truthful example than what Obama is trying to do. Why would people favor him? Is it because he wants to please the masses in order to get elected? Or is it because he has a nice smile? It's probably a combination of the two.

*If you do not have facebook I'm not sure if you can access these pages.

1 Comments:

  • Obama is a populist idiot.

    But that quote by Shaw is a diamond in the rough of politicking?

    What do you think about Brownback - BTW?

    Victoria

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home